Scottsdale Rhinoplasty Specialist
Rhinoplasty, sometimes referred to as a nose job is a a medical procedure (cosmetic surgery) method that shapes your nose. It could alter the shape of the nose, modify the tip of the nose, and then make the nose smaller or larger, and correct bumps, indentations or any other defects in the nose. Rhinoplasty may be able to correct breathing problems.
Email Us At: Rent@findarhinoplastysurgeon.org to rent this page!
The Rhinoplasty procedure:
There are different approaches to complete a rhinoplasty. Like for example ,:
• Standard rhinoplasty-In this technique, incisions are made inside the nostrils. The soft tissues, cartilage, and nasal bones will be updated to improve the contour to your nose.
• Partially or open rhinoplasty-One incision is done externally within the columella- Strut between your nostrils. Soft tissues, bones, and cartilage are then restructured. This is a great option for larger and difficult noses.
• Tip-plasty or limited rhinoplasty- This rhinoplasty strategy could be an exceptional option if you’d like to modify the appearance of the nose tip.
• Nostril reduction-Nostrils can be wide and horizontally oriented in lieu of vertically. To correct this, the rhinoplasty surgeon would minimize large nostrils simply by making tiny incision’s along the nostril’s base. This might be performed with both the open and standard strategies.
• Nasal rejuvenation-Middle- aged people often make a complaint that their nose droops and stretches with time. In this rhinoplasty surgery, your skin is tightened by lifting the tip of your nose.
• Septorhinoplasty-In this rhinoplasty procedure, the air passages along with the shape of your nose are enlarged by correcting and shaping internal elements (turbinate and septum) of the nose.
Healing and follow up care
• Stage one (approximately 1 week after surgery)-You experience some bruising and puffiness which should subside in 7 to 10 days. You can engage in physical activity, but avoid jogging running, and contact sports.
• Stage two (six weeks after surgery)-This is the time important for the bones to heal.
• Stage three (one year after surgery)-This is the time period needed for all the scar tissue to fully feel normal and soften.
How well rhinoplasty works
The outcome of rhinoplasty surgery could be significant or modest, dependant upon what type of correction you need. It’s absolutely essential that you together with your surgeon agree on the goal of the plastic surgery. If your expectations are obtainable or realistic and your surgeon shares them, he/she will be in a position to provide you with the end results that you want. Cosmetic surgery should be done on developed nose. Complete development in males occurs by the age of 17 or 18 whereas in females it takes place by the age of 15 or 16. If rhinoplasty is done before this time, surgical results may be altered and potential complications may arise simply because of the continued development of the nose.
You can always expect temporary bruising and swelling surrounding the nose and eyes right after rhinoplasty.
Other problems that could come up include:
• Hole to your septum or injury
• Infection-preventive antibiotics may be taken to minimize any risky infection that may occur.
• Complications of anesthesia.
• Skin issues that include skin necrosis (breakdown of skin tissue) and irritation from the bandage and tape.
As a final point, rhinoplasty may include non-surgical and surgical invasive methods. Introduction and advancement of innovative and new cutting edge technologies make it amongst the safest cosmetic procedure. It’s generally known as Primary rhinoplasty for first time patients and Revision rhinoplasty for those who came later for minor corrections.