Find A Local Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Arizona
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job is a plastic surgery (cosmetic surgery) procedure that shapes your nose. It can change the shape of the nose, alter the tip of the nose, and make the nose smaller or larger, and correct bumps, indentations or any other defects in the nose. A Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Arizona can also correct breathing problems.
Email Us At: Rent@findarhinoplastysurgeon.org to rent this page!
The Rhinoplasty procedure:
There are different methods to perform a rhinoplasty. These include:
• Standard rhinoplasty-In this procedure, incisions are made inside the nostrils. The soft tissues, cartilage, and nasal bones are then restructured to improve the shape of your nose.
• Partially or open rhinoplasty-One incision is made externally across the columella- Strut between the nostrils. Soft tissues, bones, and cartilage are the restructured. This is an excellent choice for larger and difficult noses.
• Tip-plasty or limited rhinoplasty- This rhinoplasty procedure is an exceptional option if you want to change the appearance of your nose tip.
• Nostril reduction-Nostrils are sometimes wide and horizontally oriented instead of vertically. To correct this, the rhinoplasty surgeon would reduce large nostrils by making tiny incision at the nostril’s base. This can be performed with both the open and standard methods.
• Nasal rejuvenation-Middle- aged people often complain that their nose droops and stretches over time. In this rhinoplasty surgery, the skin is tightened by lifting the tip of the nose.
• Septorhinoplasty-In this rhinoplasty procedure, the breathing passages and the shape of your nose are enlarged by correcting and shaping internal elements (turbinate and septum) of the nose.
Recovery and follow up care
• Stage one (about one week after surgery)-You experience bruising and swelling which will subside in 7 to 10 days. You should engage in physical activity, but avoid jogging running, and contact sport.
• Stage two (six weeks after surgery)-This is the time required for the bones to heal.
• Stage three (one year after surgery)-This is the time required for all the scar tissue to completely feel normal and soften.
How well rhinoplasty works
The result of rhinoplasty surgery may be significant or minor, depending on what type of correction you need. It’s imperative that you and your surgeon agree on the goal of the plastic surgery. If your expectations are achievable or realistic and your surgeon shares them, he/she will be in a position to give you the results that you want. Cosmetic surgery should be done on developed nose. Complete development in male occurs by the age of 17 or 18 whereas in females it occurs by the age of 15 or 16.If rhinoplasty is done before this time, surgical results may be altered and possible complications may arise because of the continued development of the nose.
You can always expect temporary bruising and swelling around the noses and eyes after rhinoplasty.
Other problems that may come up include:
• Hole to your septum or injury
• Infection-preventive antibiotics may be taken to reduce any risky infection that may occur.
• Complications of anesthesia.
• Skin problems that include skin necrosis (breakdown of skin tissue) and irritation from the bandage and tape.
Last but not least, rhinoplasty includes non-surgical and surgical invasive methods. Introduction and advancement of innovative and new state of the art technologies make it amongst the safest cosmetic procedure. It’s referred to as Primary rhinoplasty for first time patients and Revision rhinoplasty for those who came later for minor corrections.
If you are an Arizona rhinoplasty surgeon call us to increase your leads this month!